The Melpool product range contains different types of disinfection products based on chlorine. Practice has shown that chlorine is very effective against bacteria, viruses, algae and other organic substances. When dosed correctly, the ideal product to keep swimming pool water crystal clear and clean.
Every swimming pool and every practical situation is different. That is why Melpool also includes various chlorine products;
- Fast-dissolving chlorine products for a chlorine shock
– Application: starting up a pool after winter, extreme organic load, algae bloom and after an application of flocculant
– Melpool 55/G or Melpool 63/G, Melpool 70/G and Melpool 70/20
- Slow-dissolving chlorine products
– Application: continuous release of chlorine to maintain chlorine levels
– Depending on the flow and temperature, these tablets dissolve in 3-6 days.
– Melpool 90/20, Melpool 90/200
- Organic chlorine with UV protection/chlorine stabilizer
– Benefit: ensures that chlorine is not immediately broken down by the sun
– Disadvantage: at the end of the season or with frequent shock treatment it can also lead to over-stabilization of the chlorine. In that case the chlorine is no longer active enough against pollution. The water can become cloudy. Some of the water will then have to be changed.
– Melpool 55/G or Melpool 63/G, Melpool 90/20 and Melpool 90/200
- Inorganic chlorine without UV protection/chlorine stabilizer
– Advantage: no over-stabilisation, ideal for start up after winter/shock treatment.
– Disadvantage: faster chlorine breakdown due to UV radiation from the sun
– Note: inorganic chlorine reacts very violently with organic chlorine and other Melpool products. Never dose at the same time, or combine in a skimmer or floating dispenser!
– Melpool 70/G and Melpool 70/20
- Chlorine products for small pools
– Melpool 55/G or Melpool 63/G and Melpool 70/G: granulate. Can be used for small and large swimming pools
– Melpool 70/20: 20g tablets for swimming pools from 5 m³
– Melpool 90/20: 20g tablets for swimming pools from 5 to 35 m³
– Melpool 90/200: 200g tablets for swimming pools from 30 m³
Melpool chlorine tablets
55/G or 63/G
|Granulate/tablet||granulate||granulate||tablet 20g||tablet 200g||tablet 20g|
|Fast dissolving (shock)||yes||yes||no||no||yes|
|Continuous chlorine release||no||no||yes||yes||no|
|Average resolution time||< 1 hour||< 1 hour||3-6 days||3-6 days||1-2 hours|
|Chlorine stabilizer (UV)||yes||no||yes||yes||no|
|Size of pool||all||all||5 – 35 m³||> 30 m³||> 5 m³|
Always dissolve granulate in a bucket of lukewarm water before adding it to the pool water. Watch out for splashing water; can cause bleaching. Never throw chlorine granules in the water or in a floating dispenser. Undissolved granules can sink to the bottom. They can attack the bottom and cause bleaching spots.
Always let tablets dissolve in the skimmer or a floating dispenser. Do not throw the tablets into the pool. You can easily get bleach stains and damage the bottom of the pool. Always ensure sufficient flow of the tablets, to ensure they dissolve in 3-6 days.
Chlorine-free: Melpool OXY
Melpool OXY has been developed as an alternative to chlorine. The product acts as a strong oxidizing agent and is therefore very effective against organic contamination. Melpool OXY is not a disinfectant. It is therefore recommended to regularly use a chlorine shock in addition to Melpool OXY, for example by using Melpool 55/G.
Note: Melpool OXY is not compatible with chlorine products. Only dose OXY when the chlorine has worn off and vice versa. Otherwise, the products neutralize each other’s efficiency without any desired effect.
Calcium hypochlorite tablets for swimming pools.
Chlorine tablets 20g (Min. 70% Cl) for swimming pool water. Very effective against algae and organic deposits. For continuous disinfection in soft and medium hard water. High-quality chlorine product: also suitable for public swimming pools and drinking water disinfection. Contains no chlorine stabilizer: no danger of chlorine overstabilization.
Calcium hypochlorite granules for swimming pools.
Rapidly dissolving stabilized chlorine (min. 55% Cl.) in granulate form. For continuous disinfection in soft and hard water. Ideal for a chlorine shock and the start of the season. Stabilizer protects chlorine from UV radiation from the sun. Very effective against algae and organic deposits.
20g tablets for disinfection and algae control.
20g tablets for disinfection and algae control. Ideal for long-term and even disinfection of swimming pool water. Tablets; practical and easy to dose. Preventive effect against algae and organic dirt/load. Stabilizer protects chlorine from UV radiation from the sun. High stable chlorine content: Min. 90%. For application in soft and hard water.
200g tablets for disinfection and algae control.
200g tablets for disinfection and algae control. Ideal for long-term and even disinfection of swimming pool water. Tablets; practical and easy to dose. Preventive effect against algae and organic dirt/load. Stabilizer protects chlorine from UV radiation from the sun. High stable chlorine content: Min. 90%. For application in soft and hard water.